You know you don't want to be the person who doesn't have plans for Valentine's Day. Don't let it sneak up on you (like it does every other year). We're going to help you out with 10 different ideas of ways to celebrate this day of love. Whether you and your significant other are into chocolates and hearts or helicopter rides at sunset, we've got your activities covered. This weekend in Bend will be something you'll BOTH love. So, from our staff, here are TEN ideas to celebrate Valentine's Day/Weekend.
10. A twist on dinner and a movie. Make dinner at home and turn on your favorite Netflix original to enjoy together. Find a few recipe ideas on Country Living to get you started with dinner.
9. Breakfast at Sparrow Bakery. Have you tried their Bacon Breakfast Sandwich? I swear I dream about it every night. Poached egg, bacon, avocado, arugula, aioli, served on a hand-rolled croissant. Enjoy with a hot cup of locally roasted coffee and your day is off to the best start possible.
8. Take a romantic helicopter ride around Central Oregon with Big Mountain Heli Tours. Nothing beats the view from above!
7. Ski or snowboard Mt. Bachelor and enjoy a lunch break at Scapolos. If you've never been skiing or snowboarding, sign up for a lesson together! Those who ski together, stay together. Just made that up but it sounds pretty true.
6. Take a walk through snow-covered downtown Bend and end at Dogwood or Stihl Whiskey Bar for an amazing cocktail.
5. If you're into music, go to the Bend A Capella Festival on February 10th. watch talented groups compete for the grand prize and enjoy a real-life version of Pitch Perfect.
4. Spend the night outside of Bend at Brasada Ranch. The views are unbeatable and you could get that spa treatment you've been needing. Finish the evening with their delectable s'mores complete with home-made marshmallows!
3. Take a day trip: we suggest Crater Lake or the Umpqua Hot Springs. See Oregon's only national park in all its snowy glory or visit the hot springs for a warm soak in the midst of the snow! On a clear day, you will get amazing views at either spot.
2. Try something new together: rent fat bikes from Pine Mountain Sports and cruise around town in the snow!! We've seen more snow this winter than many years before so chances are good that there will still be snow on the ground next month.
1. Romance on the Snow with Wanderlust Tours. You know we had to save the best for last. Join us for a romantic evening (offered three nights this year) on the snow. We'll snowshoe out to a bonfire in the snowy forest where you'll enjoy hot cocoa with spirits, a locally made dessert, champagne, and the glow of an amazing bonfire while sitting in hand-carved snow seats. It's every bit as amazing as it sounds.