POSITION: Full-time, seasonal
SCHEDULE: Five days per weeks
JOB SUMMARY: Guides will provide an exceptional outdoor or cultural guided experience for all guests in a fun and vibrant manner. A guide shall perform interpretive services for guests while on tour. He/she is also responsible for self-initiated study of natural and cultural history, customer relations, van/gear care and minor paperwork in closing out each tour. The guide must be able to perform all physical tasks related to operating a tour.
- Passion and knowledge in Bend’s natural and cultural history
- Team players, leadership skills
- Physical strength for the tasks required of the job
- Outdoor and safety awareness
- Availability during all peak vacation periods
- Engage guests through amazing breadth of knowledge, body language, eye contact, lighted-hearted nature, etc.
- Communicate thoughtfully and respectfully to guests and other staff.
- Carry, load, and unload canoes and kayaks, lift other heavy objects such as cave gate assemblies.
- Get along with others: sharing knowledge, camaraderie with all staff, stepping in to help all staff along the way.
- Lead guests in an affable manner, that is without being dictatorial.
- Display confidence in the setting you find yourself outdoors with a learned or innate sense of what to do in any given circumstance, whether involving interpretation or safety.