We are so excited that you are joining us for the Solar Eclipse! It is going to be an incredible trip and a memorable experience. We hope to have all your questions answered so that you can come fully prepared for a great time. Please don't hesitate to call if you have any questions.
Saturday, August 19th:
9:00 AM - Gear Drop at Wanderlust Office
Any and all gear that you are able to bring to our office ahead of time is much appreciated. We will be sending staff out early to set up our camp. Space is very limited so we ask that you pack light. Please group everything into as few bags as possible. We will have special colored tape to mark everyone's bags.
Sunday, August 20th:
9:00-9:30 AM - Arrive at Wanderlust Office and load gear. Fixings will be provided for everyone to make a sack lunch (lunch wraps, fruits, veggies, desserts).
10:00 AM - Depart Bend for camping site.
TBD - Arrive to campsite
Games, rest, read, hike, chat
6:00 PM - Dinner (Provided by Wanderlust. You are welcome to bring supplemental snacks and drinks.)
Monday, August 21st:
6:00-7:00 AM - Breakfast available (Provided by Wanderlust. You are welcome to bring supplemental snacks and drinks.)
8:00 AM - Depart for hike
9:05 AM - Eclipse begins - Eclipse glasses provided
10:19 AM - Total Eclipse (Duration of totality at our location: two minutes and one second)
11:30 AM - Eclipse Complete
12:45 PM - Lunch at campsite (Provided by Wanderlust. You are welcome to bring supplemental snacks and drinks.) Celebrate with an eclipse beer brewed by Immersion Brewing
1:30 PM - Tear down camp
2:30 PM - Leave for Bend
Please pack in such a way that ALL of your items (including sleeping bag and pillow) will be able to fit in a large trash bag.
- Sleeping bag
- Sleeping pad
- Headlamp or flashlight
- Reusable water bottle or CamelBak
- Camp chair - smaller sizes preferred
- Hiking shoes
- Sun hat
- Warmth layer (sweatshirt)
- Shell layer (for water protection)
- Socks and undergarments
- Relaxation items such as, cards, a book, scrabble, etc
- Personal snacks and drinks (please do not bring a cooler, we will have some ice available for drinks)
Please keep in mind:
- No smoking will be allowed on tour. This time of year requires the highest level of fire safety.
- Bring only what you need for one night. Space is very limited in our transportation to the campsite.