Spring is upon us in Bend, Oregon, and we are feeling the excitement because Bend is one of the best* places to live this season.
There's nowhere else you'd rather be... and we'll give you seven reasons to prove it! Even though we know we don't have to.
1. That first week after the time change is always rough, but look what it gives us! With the sun staying out until almost 7:30 these days, there is a lot more time to play after work. And no one has ever complained about more play time. If you're into following the sunset times, Crux Fermentation Project can help - they offer happy hour the 1/2 hour before and after the sunset!
2. Spring Break has arrived for Oregon! And with vacation comes all the good relaxed vibes that we like to feel all year long. Even if you're not a student, embrace the idea of vacation. Enjoy this video from Visit Bend to get you ready for your adventure!
3. If you play your cards right, you can do it all in one day. Snow on the mountain, dry roads in town, and brisk mornings on the riverfront mean that you can enjoy everything like mountain biking, fishing, cave crawling, skiing, rock climbing, canoeing, or dog walking, all in the same day! And now that you have a little more sun time, you really can pack your day with all the best activities!
4. Bend loves its beer because Bend has really great beer. So much amazing beer. We know you know. So as we head into the spring season, just remember that these are the last days to enjoy the winter seasonal beers before the next thing comes. Seasonal beers help us to not only enjoy the time we have, but also look forward to the next chapter. We'll miss you, Red Chair.
5. River canoeing is just around the corner! We are almost ready to uncover our boats and launch them into the Deschutes! The roads to the Cascade Lakes may be closed for now, but we can enjoy so much good paddling in the spring months!
6. Have you seen the blooms around town? Seriously gorgeous, and it's just going to keep getting better. Vibrant colors are popping out of the ground all over the place. Soon we'll be walking in a wildflower wonderland. Want to start a garden of your own?! Check out these local spaces where you can make your own beauty.
7. Speaking of beauty, the views and the ability to sit outside are unbeatable this time of year. If you're in town, head over to Looney Bean where you'll get to sip some amazing coffee and catch the most amazing scene around on their back lawn. The mountains, the massive trees, the river, and the coffee, of course.
*It is. But don't take our word for it. Below, a few sources to get you started.
If you're here for Spring Break, stop by Crux Fermentation Project on Thursday for the grand opening of their new container! Find more details on their Facebook page.
They now have 20 beers on tap in a 20' shipping container! Now that is resourceful!
We'd love to hear why you love spring in Bend!